Friday, December 24, 2010

"everything's eventual" (apologies to Stephen King)

So, this blog is over. Dead. Ended. It seems fitting I should post this on Christmas Eve, the internet equivalent of shrieking into a vacuum.

The reasons for this blog's demise are twofold, and both indescribably painful:

1. The last post I made here took everything out of me. Every time i tried to come back to write, I saw it, and I couldn't think of anything else except my poor cat's dead limp body and how everything smelled that day.

And, more recently and painfully,

2. There is no more MirandaThom. One could say that Thom is now blogging at Rebecca-aka-Specs-and-Thom-in-a-cheap-motel-in-Sikeston-Missouri-within-an-intricate-web-of-malicious-lies.blogspot.com. He has yelled at me that telling people what he did is "very unflattering" to me, but I think if you do something so hurtful and deliberate and dishonest that people's opinions of you change just from hearing it, it says more about your actions than about any aims or goals of the person you hurt. I think sometimes people should choose their actions when considering how much they will hurt people who care about them before screaming about how the people react, especially when said actions are engineered to occur at a stressful time and in the most painful way possible. I think it's pointless to conduct oneself in such an amoral, cavalier, dishonest, and hurtful manner and then cry for "privacy." But what do I know? I doubt anything I say is taken seriously, by anyone. If people judge others on their hurtful actions, I have no control over that. If people carry out malicious actions designed to hurt me, I have the right to discuss it with the people who are my friends. The ones who don't lie to me. Besides, nobody reads this anyway.

Anyway.


I want to leave the blog up, because I want people to know what happened to my cat, and I want my story to not die. There need to be records of these things. I'm sick of people hurting others and getting away with it. If other people are hurting because Petsmart killed their beloved pet, I want them to know they're not alone, and to be able to contact me if they want to talk.


Regardless, if you actually liked reading what i wrote here - and I did enjoy writing most of it - I am going to be blogging in the following places:

1. New personal blog: Operemur Bonum/. i will be so embarrassed if the Latin is incorrect. I will be posting media recommendations, vegetarian recipes, cat pictures, and probably little else. The blog's full title is Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum: "While we have the time, let us do good."

2. I'm going to be blogging occasionally at Geek Buffet. I am very excited about that opportunity.

I hope some of you will follow my writing at either or both of these. I am also developing a blog for my freelance tutoring / editing, but that will be likely focused on and targeted to English language learners. If anyone is interested in that, email me.


Regardless, thanks so much for your support and enthusiasm. Especially thank you to those of you who commented on the entry about my cat, who passed the entry along, who signed the petition. That means a lot to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

hi. please be nice, and please don't be a spamming bot or something. we really do read every comment!